This was a redesign for our automated testing app, which was launched in 2014 and built by the founder (an engineer) using the Bootstrap framework at the time (vers 3.4.1). The most challenging part was keeping the same structure layout while giving the app a total makeover because upgrading the Bootstrap version to the latest might break functionality.
After the kickoff meeting, our goals for the project was to give it a more modern and clean look, and organize the data in a way that made it easier at a glance to understand what was going on during the automated test run. I started out with clickable wireframes in Figma for the data organization/grouping and to test the overall UX. After gathering feedback from the team, I iterated and presented my solutions (sometimes recording video walkthroughs which the team could add comments to at their convenience) and refined the final look and UX.
For the next steps (since this was more of a 1.5 upgrade) I started thinking about what an upgraded 2.0 version would be like. I wanted to streamline the testing process and introduce an onboarding experience for new users. I also wanted to add more automated functionality that would make the UX easier.